We at Alpine Timber Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) understand the importance of keeping your personal information safe and secure, and we are dedicated to being upfront about the data we collect and how we use it.
The purpose of this paper is to provide an overview of our data handling and processing practises (i.e. information which directly or indirectly identifies you). This is just a summary of our Data Protection Policy; if you’d like to know more, including the specific legal grounds we use, please get in touch with us.
Acquiring Private Information
There is information about you that we may gather. Personal information is only collected when it is necessary to offer a service or to better assist you, our valued client.
When will we be collecting your information?
- We collect information about you when you create an account on any of our sites and then use that account to purchase or get a quotation for items or services over the phone.
- When making an online purchase and selecting the “Guest Checkout” option.
- If you fill out a form online.
- When signing up for a publication, such as a newsletter or a report from a firm, you will be
- When you sign up for a profile on our site.
- When you use one of our applications after downloading it.
- When applying to contests or drawing for prizes.
- When examining the quality of our offerings on our website.
- If you hired an approved installer, please include that on the warranty registration form you submit us.
- When telling us what you think of a product or service, please specify whether you hired an Authorized Installer.
- In order to ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we have installed CCTV cameras. Visitors should know that these systems may capture their likeness throughout their stay, but that they will not be linked to any of our databases.
What information do we gather?
- The following information may be stored if you have an account with us on our website or have placed an order or received a quotation by phone:
- Name, shipping, and billing details
- Information about current and past orders
- Your Name, Job Title, Email Address, Phone Number(s), and Fax Number(s)
- Your password is encrypted and stored on our secure servers for your protection.
- We save your email address and maybe your name and job title/business sector if you have signed up for a newsletter or marketing message, used our App, or left a review but have not bought or sought a price directly via us.
- We will keep your name, address, order information, email address, and telephone number on file if you have provided us with feedback about a product or service for which you used an Approved Installation or an independent installer.
Can you tell me who will have access to my information?
In order to offer you with a service or product, we may need to exchange your personal information with reputable outside parties. (Take, for instance, the case of pre-screened and approved installers who go to your location to set up your new appliances. We enforce rigorous policies and check for:
- That your privacy is protected, we only share information that is essential to provide the services requested by the client.
- They are restricted to using the information you provide only as we have authorised. The agreement we have with them specifies this same thing. In the event that we no longer need their services, any information we have provided to them will be erased.
- When we share information about you with a third party, that company is obligated to keep that data safe.
Specifically, you have the following rights under EU data privacy law:
You have the right to request access to, and correction or deletion of, the personal data that has been collected about you. We will no longer have the necessary data if you make such a request, which might affect your 25-year guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with our Data Protection Office through the email or mailing address provided below.
We respect your right to stop receiving our messages at any time. You may unsubscribe easily by following the instructions provided on the message you receive.
Please feel free to ask questions or get in touch with the appropriate authorities if you have any concerns.
Our data management procedures should now be clearer after reading this page.
Please reach out to our Data Protection Officer using the usual contact methods specified on this website if you have any queries not addressed here or if you would like a copy of our complete Data Protection Policy.